Skip to content
- Safety is our first concern in all decision making, methods, policies, and programs.
- All of our rigging is purchased from reputable, suppliers, inspected regularly, and retired at appropriate times.
- All of our teaching has a heavy focus on injury prevention and safe technique and we instill respect in our students for risk management and safety.
High Quality Instruction
- Our coaches are committed to ongoing training and personal development.
- We continually evaluate our teaching styles and approaches, making sure they are approachable, effective, and well informed.
- We are intentional about what we teach and when in order to help students understand what they are doing, why, and how it works.
- We encourage students not to compare themselves to others, do their best, give themselves grace, and celebrate where they are at.
- We believe in doing a thing for the love of it and because it is a good thing -not as a way to out do yourself or others.
- Start with self acceptance, then pursue awesome things because they are awesome!
Humility and Care
- We love what we do and we want to share the love with our students, the community, and the world at large.
- Our coaches know A LOT but no one knows everything so if we don’t know the answer to something, we will tell you the truth and then find out for you.
- We do not undervalue our knowledge and expertise but we know that true wisdom breeds humility, approachability and being down to earth.
Playfulness and Creativity
- Playfulness and creativity are good for the soul.
- We believe that people were made to create and invent, and that it is part of living a full and vibrant life!
- Bumbershoot is a great place to playfully cultivate and express your artistic side in a safe and supportive environment.
Health, Nutrition, and the Body
- We encourage people to respect their bodies through plenty of sleep, lots of water, a balanced diet, stretching, and an active life style.
- We encourage people to work with their bodies and not against them by learning to listen and respect the messages it gives.
- Being in tune with your body will help you to make the most of your training and also improve your life and experience as a human!
- We ask our student and our staff to put aside distractions from their day when they come in to train and teach so that they can be fully present.
- We all get the most out of our time this way and we also get a break from other aspects of life.
- We find that Aerial training can and does increase clarity and ability to focus.
- We encourage team spirit and caring for those around us.
- Our classes naturally bond, encourage one another as well as celebrate each other’s successes and joyfully share in each other’s journeys.
- We strive to seek out and celebrate beauty in all aspects of life.
- We like to point out, encourage, and celebrate beauty in the human spirit especially.
- True beauty is inviting, and life enriching, and it was meant to be shared.
- We value team players and group participation.
- We believe in cultivating an environment of respect.
- We respect the human body, our training and other’s, the well being of our industry, safety, our time and yours, and the structures in place that protect these things.
- We want our students to be patient with themselves and move at the pace that is right for them.
- We push back against the natural pressure to get everything perfect on the first try or to be able to move on to the next level in a certain amount of time.
- Aerial work is worthwhile and wonderful but not easy so don’t rush, just be where you are at.